Friday, October 3, 2014

Welcome Home Tip #1

Welcome Home Tip #1
:from the eyes of a NKY REALTOR

Today I showed a house to an investor. I've sold him a few houses, so the showings are typically quick and to the point. We look at the structure of the home, the plumbing, scour the walls with our eyes to check for signs of leaks; past or present. 

This house had a few appliances left in it. I'd say by the amount of cobwebs, it has been vacant for at least a few months. Neither electric nor water was turned on.

After seeing hundreds of houses - some vacant, some not - there comes to be an unwritten rule. A rule that must be followed. At all times.
When seeing a vacant you: DON'T OPEN THE FRIDGE

I can't begin to describe to you the stench that came out of that fridge. It was opened right as we were leaving the house and it stuck to our clothes like flies on honey. As we went outside, I don't think I could have held my breath long enough for it to go away.

-A. Brown



No comments:

Post a Comment